Wednesday, April 6, 2016

OUR TABLE || banana bread

banana bread. everyone has made it right?! well I hadn't e v e r made a loaf until just recently!
being that I am not a lover of bananas anyway, bread made with bananas certainly didn't sound like something I would ever want to make. so needless to say (since Brandon loves bananas), if they don't get eaten quick enough- they're an unappetizing brown color, and over time in our household many bananas have gone in the trash! 
but that all has changed now :)

there were a few brown bananas sitting on our counter a few weeks ago, so I decided to give it a whirl. and if I ended up not liking it, Brandon and Harper could enjoy all the bread they wanted!
while I was looking through recipes, I ran across one with a picture that showed an icing over the bread.
I was sold.

I settled on this recipe and followed it. for the most part :)
I have a delicious family zucchini recipe that I've made hundreds of times so decided to combine the two recipes a little.
bread ingredients:
5-6 ripe bananas
2/3 cup melted butter
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp allspice
3 cups flour

icing ingredients:
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
3 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla

-preheat oven to 350 degrees
-peel and mash bananas. (I put them into the food processor- much quicker!)
-add all (bread) ingredients, except flour until well combined
-slowly add flour
-pour evenly into two 4x8 loaf pans
-bake for 1 hour
-while bread is baking, combine all icing ingredients. pour over bread once it is finished baking.

in some ways almost look forward to when the bananas turn brown now :) and if it's only one or two, I'll throw them in the freezer until I have enough to make bread.

Happy hump day! enjoy!

Xoxo
-Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment