Friday, January 29, 2016

16 weeks

banner / hooray everyday
How far along? 16 weeks. already??! H O W?! this pregnancy is flying by.
Total weight gain: 8 pounds (I had gained 5 pounds before I even knew I was pregnant!) I was sure glad to find out what was the reason for that weight gain :) That didn't happen with my pregnancy with Harper so I was a little taken aback to know 5 whole pounds hopped on just.like.that.
Maternity clothes? not yet!
Stretch marks? oh, well... I got stretch marks at the end of my pregnancy with Harper, so I guess yes, I have them, but no new ones yet with this bump :)
Sleep: by the end of the night I am ready to pass out! Running after a busy bee toddler all day and then the energy it's taking to grow this new peanut, I am out as soon as I hit the bed and my eyes don't open again until I hear Harper awake over the monitor.
Best moment this week: whenever i can feel this sweet little babe moving :) it isn't allll the time so when it does happen, I stop and sit there waiting for it to happen again.
Current symptoms: some headaches here and there and achy hips and legs. I can really tell my hips are widening due to the aches.
Miss anything? the days before pregnancy where I had all the energy I could need to easily get through the day. I don't feel that first trimester exhaustion anymore, but I certainly have to stop and take a rest for my body during the day. well during Harper's nap :) thank goodness we have ourselves a toddler who is a good napper!
Movement: started feeling baby at 14 weeks. not strong movements, but feeling him here and there. love it when I do!
Food cravings/aversions: I do like the salty. but no big cravings. I've actually been having a hard time finding food that sounds good. ughhh. quite frustrating when my belly is growling at me.
Gender? we found out two weeks ago at our 14 week ultrasound that it's a BOY!!
Happy or moody most of the time: happy :) though these hormones can get the best of me at times. thankful for an understanding husband!
Looking forward to: getting the bedroom that will be baby's nursery cleaned out. not a fun project, but it will feel good once it's cleared!

xoxo
-Brittney

follow along on instagram @brittneyhjelseth

No comments:

Post a Comment