Wednesday, January 20, 2016

It's a... BOY!!

How can it be that we already (at 14 weeks) know the gender of our sweet growing baby??!
We never expected we would find out this soon since with Harper we didn't find out until 21 weeks. With her we had two ultrasounds.
8 weeks + 21 weeks.
This time around we weren't able to get in for an early dating ultrasound until 14 weeks. I truly was bummed that we had to wait so long to see our baby, but I'd say in this case waiting paid off! :)
I didn't have my first appointment with my midwife until 9.5 weeks and since my period had really never gotten regular again since having Harper, we thought it'd be a good idea to get the early dating ultrasound done. BUT they weren't able to get me in until what I thought was 14 weeks. Well the ultrasound confirmed that we were just as far along as we had suspected. and b o n u s during that ultrasound I asked the tech, "it's too early for you to determine the gender, right?" Well to my surprise she answered "nope! do you want to know?"
...and there we had it... "it's a BOY!"
It's still taking some getting used to to say 'he', 'him', 'his'. But trust me when I say it's becoming more and more natural every day. Brandon and I feel so blessed that we are able to have both boy AND girl in our little family. The boy world is going to be so different than what we've been used to over the last year and a half, but we are so thrilled for it :) 
We have a son!



xoxo
-Brittney

follow along on instagram @brittneyhjelseth

2 comments:

  1. The gender reveal picture is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you! it wasn't the easiest thing to get Harper to hold still :)

      Delete