Tuesday, July 5, 2016

38 weeks

There's just something about being at this point of 38 weeks- that makes it all so.much.more.real. as if I haven't known since October we'd be having another little babe join our family.. mentally it has taken time to become so real.
and the 'real' part of all this is that labor and delivery are near and WILL be happening anytime now. (though I don't expect it for another couple of weeks- at least). 
now watch- he's going to come early ;)
but with all that the 'real' part means mentally it's time I get myself there. for me- with natural childbirth- it's about a lot of reminders. 
each contraction is doing work to get me closer and closer. 
through all the hard work it's going to end with having my baby on my chest. 
don't fight the contractions- let them do their thing. 
God made my body to do this. 
women have been birthing babies since the beginning of time- I can do it too. 

How far along? 38 weeks
Total weight gain: 39 pounds
Maternity clothes? wearing the same 5 things- the only things that fit- day after day :) but hey! we're almost there and what I'm wearing is actually the least of my concerns these days
Sleep: love it and hate it. I want to just sleep, sleep, sleep. finding a comfortable position at night is not the easiest though! my snoogle pillow definitely helps, but there isn't anything that makes it great. some nights I would like to just sleep on the couch! I've been having Brandon massage my calves before going to bed and it really does make such a difference in helping me to relax and fall asleep. such a good husband! :)
Best moment this week: Brandon and I had a date night. just us. it was so great to get some quality time in together just the two of us. we don't have it in us anymore to stay out too late though! come 9pm we were both ready to hit the sack! we also have the nursery 100% completed and it feels.so.good!
Miss anything? I've been trying to spend more quality time with Harper, but I wish it were a bit easier to move! getting up and down on her level is certainly not the easiest and I miss being able to run around and play with ease. there isn't anything quick (or pretty) about me trying to get to my feet from sitting on the floor.
Movement: it's the best! I always wish I could see through my belly to see exactly what it is that I'm feeling when he moves. foot? knee? arm? elbow?
Food cravings: notta. cereal has been my go-to because it's quick, easy, and is a way for me to at least eat something. I believe we have nearly ten boxes in our house right now. never, ever have we had this much cereal!
Labor signs? nope!
Looking forward to: Harper's 2nd birthday party is on Saturday! we are so excited to celebrate our sweet girl and make it her day. I'm so excited to see her excitement at her party :) baby boy just needs to make sure he stays put until a f t e r Saturday! then he's more than welcome to come any day after. even if he's two days early on Harper's actual birthday (the 13th). what a birthday gift that would be for her!

it's been a slow process, but I finally did all the shopping and made some freezer meals this week. I have a few more to finish up this week. I'll be feeling like I'm on top of the world once I have them all finished!

we had a great 4th last night and hope you did too!
it's one of the best holidays! relaxing and having fun with family + friends, little responsibility, bbqing, laying in the grass on blankets, and watching the sky light up. nothing like it :)

xoxo
-Brittney

follow along on instagram @brittneyhjelseth

No comments:

Post a Comment