Thursday, March 10, 2016

OUR TABLE || lemon cheesecake pie

This. Lemon cheesecake pie.
the picture truly does no justice to just how delicious it is!
light. creamy. lemony. sweet. (but not too sweet). and the crust. oh the graham cracker crust!
I made this for supper club a few weeks ago and it was a hit!
I've made it a few times now (the first was actually on Harper's first birthday) :) and it is such an easy, go-to dessert. I think Brandon would say this is top in his favorite desserts. and I would agree!
The original recipe is here.  and for the most part I follow it to a T, except for just a couple of my own modifications :) not sure how she gets hers to turn out so yellow! mine never has, but it's still delicious at that.

Here are my modifications:
1. and most important (in my opinion)! make your own crust and do not use a premade one. nothing compares to a homemade graham cracker crust!
recipe I use:
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup sugar
6 Tbsp melted butter
-in a bowl, mix all ingredients together with a fork.
-press into a pie pan.
-bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
-let chill for 2 hours before adding pie filling. I throw mine in the freezer if I'm needing this step to be a bit quicker
2. the '2 8 oz bars of cream cheese' I replace one bar with neufchatel cheese.
it's right next to the cream cheese in the grocery isle and is 1/3 of the fat :)
3. for the sour cream - go with fat free

That's it. everything else, just follow the original recipe!
You will love this! 
We still have some leftover pie in the fridge and I'm quite contemplating getting myself a piece now. 
Pie for lunch?? Sounds good to me!


Xoxo
-Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment