Sunday, January 14, 2018

hjelseth family menu | week 1

my first time doing a post like this- but lots of you friends answered 'yes please' to the poll on my insta stories :) so here we go!

lately it has been sunday where I sit down and plan our "week" out, but often times it may fall on any other weekday too. either way, I just plan out a whole 7-8 days worth so we're set.
and there's no doubt things may come up in the week where we fall off of this 'schedule'. I just continue to use our menu as a guide and follow the planned out meals one after the other.

I pull ideas from pinterest, favorite family recipes of ours (a handful of these I have posted previously under the OUR TABLE tab on the blog), and any others I have collected in my cookbook.
**disclaimer: we don't eat cinnamon rolls for dinner, but I was in need of adding some sort of picture :)

:: MONDAY ::
enchilada pasta + crunchy salad
:: the enchilada pasta is a favorite I found years back via pinterest. the link to that recipe is HERE.
:: i'll be making the crunchy salad for the first time ever. I came across it in jen hatmaker's book, of mess and moxie
seems simple, yet so yummy!

aunt carol's crunchy salad:
SALAD:
2 tbps butter
1 pkg ramen noodles
1/2 cup chopped almonds
handful sunflower seeds
4-6 cups romaine lettuce
2 cups chopped broccoli
some chopped green onions

:: melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. add the uncooked ramen noodles (break them all up), almonds, and sunflower seeds, and saute until toasted light brown (3-4 minutes). let cool.
pour dressing (recipe below) into the bottom of your salad bowl.
add the lettuce, broccoli, green onions, and toasted crunch mix. toss when ready to serve.

VINAIGRETTE:
4 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp salt
6 tbsp rice wine vinegar
2-3 drops tabasco sauce
1/2 cup olive oil

:: mix all the vinaigrette ingredients with a wire wisk (or just shake all together in a mason jar).

:: TUESDAY ::
leftovers!!

:: WEDNESDAY ::
lemon parmesan garlic chicken  + veggies w/ garlic bread
:: recipe HERE. and it is soooo good!
a favorite of ours that is always in the dinner rotation!

:: THRUSDAY ::
date night out!
(I'll serve the kids just whatever I can pull together) :)

:: FRIDAY ::
meatloaf + steamed broccoli
:: the recipe to my meatloaf is HERE.
:: and the broccoli I just steam with a little butter & salt.
:: SATURDAY ::
leftovers!

:: SUNDAY ::
parmesan chicken + green beans + garlic bread
:: I'm using this recipe HERE for the chicken.
:: and will just steam the green beans with a little butter, salt, & seasoning.


if this seems to be of interest to many, I can continue to share. so let me know what you think!!
leave a comment here.
or message me on insta!

Xoxo
-Brittney
follow along on instagram @brittneyhjelseth

No comments:

Post a Comment