Tuesday, January 26, 2016

OUR TABLE || turkey meatloaf cups

It's been a little while since I've shared a meal on here. We still have been eating some good meals (here and there). However, it took a heck of a lot more effort on my part during the first trimester! BUT this baby brother and I are now into the second trimester and feeling more alive with energy to get back into the swing of things! and we'll start with sharing this favorite meal :)

During these winter days there really isn't anything like a home cooked meal. Am I right!??
The best is staying inside, enjoying a warm dinner right from the oven, and of course one that little effort and time.
and what's a better comfort food than meatloaf??!
Well the answer to that is these turkey meatloaf cups. I can absolutely promise you won't feel disappointed :)
In the past I made my meatloaf in my bread loaf pan, but discovered that these 'cups' cook more evenly and are easier to serve. This one is a favorite around here and gets thrown into the meal rotation quite frequently. Husband and toddler approved! A win win :)
Ingredients:
1 lb ground turkey breast
1 lb ground italian sausage
1 medium onion chopped
2 eggs
1 cup milk
3 tbsp dried parsley
1 tbsp dried oregano
salt + pepper to taste
1/4 cup dried italian bread crumbs
4-6 slices of bread*

Glaze Ingredients:
3 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp yellow mustard
1/3 cup ketchup (I like to use the HEINZ no salt added)

-Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
-Add all ingredients (except slices of bread and 'glaze ingredients') to a large mixing bowl.
-Tear slices of bread into small (dime sized) pieces and add them to the mixing bowl. 
*I save the heels of my loafs of bread, keep them in a bag in the fridge, and then use those in my meatloaf. It allows the bread to dry out a little by the time I am ready to use them for my meatloaf :)
-Now mix all ingredients in the mixing bowl together with your hands until well combined.
-Lightly grease muffin pan.
-Evenly fill all 12 'muffin spots' in your pan with your meat mixture.
-Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour.
-While meatloaf is cooking, mix the glaze ingredients together in a bowl.
-Once meatloaf is done, spoon glaze over each meatloaf cup.

Now add this to your weekly dinner menu and enjoy!!

Xoxo
-Brittney

follow along on instagram @brittneyhjelseth

No comments:

Post a Comment