Monday, September 28, 2015

FAIR DAYS

Our Thursday + Friday evenings were spent enjoying the Washington State Fair. 
This is something I look forward to every year when summer is winding down (but then again, who doesn't?!)  We normally make sure we get there to enjoy one day, of the three weeks, that the fair is here. But this year we were able to pack in TWO fun back-to-back nights! It kinda made me want to hit it up to go again for a third night, but that we didn't ;)

Night O N E...
Harper spent some time with Grandma and Grandpa while we went to the Jake Owen concert with Tyler and Angela for a fun double-date night! 
We got to the fair a little early to be able to have some good ol' 'fair food' for dinner before the concert. Contemplating what food to eat... (because that, of course, is the biggest decisions to be made while at the fair) we went with the 'earthquake burger'. I wish I would've gotten a picture of this thing. No joke, it was likely the size of my head. Or bigger. 
Being a dietitian, in order to keep some portion control, Brandon and I split one burger. Who am I kidding... that wasn't the reason at all. After eating half of one of these burgers, we were stuffed to the max! 
Then we wandered around the fair a little and grabbed a beer before heading in for the concert.
Love this girl! We always have so much fun together. Beyond thankful for her. 
We realized that this was our first concert together. So hard to believe!
Such a fun concert! Jake Owen is a great performer and put on such a fun show.
My maiden name is Owen though, so what else would I expect from a fellow Owen family member? ;) kidding!
Night T W O...
Friday night was our 'family fair night'. We went with Tyler and Angela again, but this time we also toted Harper along with us. She had so much fun!
Technically this was her second time going to the fair. We took her with us last year when she was just 2 months old. This year was so fun watching her take everything in and getting excited over seeing other people's stuffed animals (it was almost like being in Toys R Us for her), the lights, the food, and her favorite - the animals! and I couldn't wait to get me some salt water taffy! There is just something about that stuff that has gotten me hooked. oh the chewy goodness!
So many baby pigs. I would've snuck one home if I could. Those little piglets were so cute!
but man, that mama pig... to just lay there to have your nine littles nurse from you. Give her the gold medal!
Harper loved the goats!
Until this one did this! and we both were like "whoa let's get out of here!"
Playing peek-a-boo with the baby chicks :) It doesn't get much sweeter!
Harper was guzzling water like never before. So much so that she leaked through her diaper, to her jeans, and we had to do a quick change into jammies mid fair. Thank goodness we had the jammies packed along!
There isn't anything like the fair. We over indulged in krusty pups (corn dogs), gyros, elephant ears (or as we call them in Idaho - tiger ears), and scones. As we were walking out, I almost forgot that I didn't get my salt water taffy! I couldn't leave without taffy. So back we went for it. and here I am eating some as I'm sitting here writing this. yum yum yum!
Until next year!

xoxo
-Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment