Wednesday, September 23, 2015

{last} WEEKEND SHENANIGANS

Whaaa! I know, I know... I'm over posting in these beginning few blogging days. BUT I am determined to catch up to speed with our life - and I'm  a l m o s t  there! There have been so many fun events as of late. I just don't want them to be missed. 
(so just bear with me, if ya would) :)
So it begins... Keeping up with the Hjelseths... {last weekend}

...on Friday Brandon and I attended the Rock the Foundation fundraiser with his real estate co-worker. It was a fun, fancy event put on to raise money for the NICU at one of the local hospitals.
It started with pictures, mingling, and some drinks.  
 Then it was time for dinner accompanied by the oral auction. There was such an energy in the room during the auction!
The night ended with dancing and a live band. I can't say I had heard of the band before that night... Tower of Power. From what I heard... they were popular in the 70s?? hmm.. well I wasn't born yet, so that explains it! :) It was fun though! and I've never seen so many 'old' people getting their groove on! excuse me for saying that, but it's true! :)
Saturday we celebrated Miss Aubrey Grace's 1st Birthday! Such a fun party with great company and food! 
If there is great food at a party, it's like the cherry on top. The cupcakes that were just to.die.for. My mouth is watering just thinking about them. I mean really.. I had a snickerdoodle cupcake! ahhh heaven on earth!
These two :) overseeing the games being played outside.
Aubrey deciding what to do with her cake. She is just the sweetest and we all love her so much!
Congrats Jacob & Kaylani! Your baby is O N E!
Saturday ended with a spontaneous girls night. It was much needed! The three of us shared laughter and tears together. Sometimes those 'last-minute' hangouts are the best ones. Love these girls.
and thank you to my sweet husband for taking bedtime duty. 
...and along came Sunday! We had a neighborhood potluck in the afternoon. Since moving into our house in April, we've met a few of our neighbors. It was so good though to all get together and spend some time with those who live around us. Being in a neighborhood with thoughtful, caring neighbors is such a blessing to our family!
and here's my food item of choice to bring along to the potluck. S'mores bars! One of my favorite sweet treats. To be honest, it was hard to not want to keep them all to myself! Leave it to the dietitian to bring dessert to a food gathering :)
As if the weekend couldn't get any better... little miss was all big girl and started walking! She began by taking a few steps at the potluck and by the time we got home... here she was!
Seeing her walk - and trying so hard - is the cutest darn thing!
The weekend still hadn't come to an end. but it ended in the perfect, most rejuvenating way. Tiffany, who is a friend of a friend's has been hosting a 4 week event called 'Sip and Savor'. On Sunday evenings, women join together at our friend's local restaurant. There we all sip some wine + snack on some appetizers + talk about Jesus. It is such a great way to close a busy weekend and put a refreshing stamp on the week ahead.
It was a weekend of many lasting memories! and here's to the next!

xoxo
-Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment