Monday, October 5, 2015

OUR TABLE || CRANBERRY PEAR KALE SALAD

FOOD.
What is life without good food? Am I right? :)
Of course being a dietitian, I am all about getting that 'good, nutritious food'.
Now I don't know about you, but I often get stumped on the veggie side dishes for dinner. I don't like to make it anything too complicated. So often I just go with the same 'ol things. steamed or roasted veggies. lettuce with tomato (and maybe cucumber too if we're really going to get after it). and this summer, lots of corn on the cob.
Now don't get me wrong, those are all still great sides and quick, easy 'go-tos' that I can throw together in a matter of minutes with hardly putting a thought into it. BUT sometimes I just need some variety! but I need it to be something just as quick and easy. because I just made the entree and I'm not about to spend an hour on a side dish. You agree?!
With that... I made this salad the other night to accommodate our lasagna. I tell ya. It was better than I ever could have imagined. The flavors were spot on. and it literally took 5 minutes. if that.
Ingredient List:
Kale
Fresh, ripe pear
Dried Cranberries
Feta cheese crumbles
Sky Valley Olive Oil & Balsamic Vinaigrette

-Roughly chop kale.
-Thinly slice pear.
-Top prepared kale with pear, dried cranberries, and feta.
-Lightly drizzle with dressing.
and that's it! So easy, yet the flavors just explode with every bite. 
This dressing is my new favorite. Purchased at Fred Meyer in the refrigerated produce section.
Nothing fancy, but so pretty! (pre dressing here)
Enjoy! :)

Xoxo
-Brittney

follow along on instagram @brittneyhjelseth

No comments:

Post a Comment