Thursday, October 22, 2015

OUR TABLE || QUINOA + BLACK BEAN STUFFED PEPPERS

Easy dinner meals?? YES please!!
And here's one of my favorites. Stuffed peppers!
This is such a quick, easy, go-to meal around our house. I generally have these ingredients on hand, so when it's one of those nights where a meal wasn't planned (or there was a change in plans) I can whip these babies together in no time! And the bonus.. I don't need a side to go with them because... veggie, check. protein, check. whole grain, check. Now that's what I'm talkin' about! This here recipe covers T H R E E major food groups. Stuffed peppers really are an all in one.
**Disclaimer: now it definitely isn't the 'prettiest' of meals I've made, but let me tell ya, they are so so so good. Don't let the looks deceive you ;)

Ingredient List:
3 bell peppers (any color)
1 small onion diced
2 cups cooked quinoa or brown rice (I use a quinoa rice blend from Costco)
1 can black beans drained and rinsed
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
Shredded parmesan cheese

--Preheat oven to 350.
--Cut bell peppers in half and clean out seeds/stems.
--In a bowl combine cooked quinoa/rice, drained & rinsed black beans, diced onion, and seasonings.
--Spoon pepper halves full of quinoa/bean mixture.
--Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
--Place on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
How easy is that??!
The peppers get cooked just enough to where their flavors have come out, but yet they haven't gotten too soft. I'm a texture person and too soft/over cooked veggies make me wanna gag. So with 10 minutes in the oven, these babies have reached perfection!
Really you could use just about any sort of ingredients to stuff your peppers. Diced or shredded chicken.. Ground turkey breast.. Various beans & veggies. Get creative!

xoxo
-Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment