Thursday, October 1, 2015

TODDLER LIFE


Toddlerhood.
I've heard about. I've been warned about it. and yep. It is here. At 14 1/2 months, Harper has really hit toddlerhood.
She has always had personality, but now she's getting opinion. and when she has an opinion, my how she lets me know it. Now don't get me wrong. She is still just the sweetest darn thing, BUT the fiesty-ness is certainly showing up these last few days. 
Like when I'm bent down in the isle at Target taking pictures of some new dinner plates that I'm contemplating getting... and when I stand up, I see little miss doing this!
"Sit that bum right down!"
Don't worry (even with taking a picture), I still did what a mother was suppose to do. I made her sit that cute little tush of hers in her seat.
However, this situation continued to happen 17+ times before we left the store (of course I even tried buckling her in - well that didn't do a darn thing). And about half of those times that feisty-ness I referenced earlier, surely showed through. She made it oh so clear to me that she did NOT want to be sitting and it was more in her plans to stand and put her life at risk. Ok I don't know that her life was really at risk.
But when she did things like this (with one leg up)... my mama heart was beating at a very high speed.
I guess at least she put her hands down to hold on..??
So it was time for some distraction, and cups were the item of choice. Of course we purchased them as well - me thinking it wouldn't be polite to put these 'Harper-tested' cups back on the self. At least they were only $0.79 each! 
Now we have two little cups that will probably end up being bath toys.
But she was entertained! Hallelujah! 
At least temporarily for the time being that is...
We made it through :) and though there were moments of frustration (for both of us), it was still a fun trip. 
But is there really such thing as a bad trip to Target? 
Doubt it.

xoxo
-Brittney

4 comments:

  1. She is just darling Brittney! Love your little blog, thanks for sharing! Amen about Target!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next thing you know, you will get really desperate and buy that buttery delicious popcorn!!!! Thats been my go to every few trips. Baby ryenn has even eaten almost a whole bag of those yogurt melts. Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh goodness. You have to keep teaching me the tricks of the trade!

      Delete