Friday, February 26, 2016

20 weeks


banner / hooray everyday
How far along? 20 weeks! half way there! (give or take a couple weeks/days)
Total weight gain: 13 pounds
Maternity clothes? no.. but I have got to get myself into some maternity jeans. and soon! the hair elastic trick is beginning to be less comfortable
Stretch marks? same as weeks prior and still using Palmer's Cocoa Butter and this essential oil prenatal balm after showers.
Sleep: so good! for me that is :) with Harper being sick this last week, we've had nights with her up.. but the last two nights she has been back to sleeping through the night and this mama is loving her rest!
Best moment this week: Brandon and I were out doing some errands and just chatting about new baby to come, and he said, "ya know, I'm actually looking forward to having a newborn again." talk about making my heart so happy! I just looove having a newborn. it's one of the things I am most looking forward to. to know he is looking forward to it too makes me love this man (who is an awesome daddy!) just that much more :)
Worst moment this week: Harper being sick :( breaks my heart seeing her that way. BUT so thankful she is being herself more and more now.
Current symptoms: I've been e x t r a thirsty lately! which of course then means more trips to the potty :) congestion is ongoing (and has been), so I keep the humidifier by my bedside and run it every night. I had the same thing with congestion all throughout my pregnancy with Harper too. other than that, symptoms are very limited! there are times I don't even feel pregnant. I'm going to hold on it while it lasts, because it won't be this way for too much longer I'm sure of that!
Miss anything? hard pear/apple cider on these sunny days we've been having and a cold turkey sandwich!
Movement: sure thing! I feel more movement with him than I did with Harper (however, she wasn't a huge mover). not sure yet if that's due to second pregnancy or if he is just more active. we will see in the weeks to come!
Food cravings: really, nothing lately! I was just telling Brandon how different this is with this pregnancy. with Harper I was all for the sweets. ice cream. brownies. fruit. lately I've had the same preferences as I normally do when not pregnant. if anything, I have less interest in foods. unless of course we're talking potato chips + sour cream ranch dip :)
Looking forward to: going to Sip and Savor on Sunday evening! it is so refreshing and uplifting to my soul!

Xoxo
-Brittney

follow along on instagram @brittneyhjelseth

2 comments:

  1. Girl, you look AMAZING! So excited for you to experience a baby boy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thank you :) I've heard from boy mamas that little boys are so great!

      Delete