Monday, June 27, 2016

36 + 37 weeks

full. 
term.
whoa.
baby.
we're here. we've reached the point where baby boy is welcome to come any day now! I'm certain he won't, but he's (semi) welcome to ;) I went 8 days past my due date with Harper & I still have a few things to finish up before he comes, but soon, very soon he's going to be joining us!
hitting the 37 week (full term) point (and still being low risk) gives me the 'good to go' to deliver at The Birthing Inn
we had an amazing experience bringing Harper into the world at TBI and as long as all continues as 'normal' we plan to grow our family and become a family of four the same way.

the last two weeks have been a whirlwind. 
day trip getaway + bridesmaid in Jill's wedding + pregnancy sickness/exhaustion
but I'm getting myself back to life now and we're all doing good! (and Brandon is still busier than ever with work!)
I've got a burst of energy back and have plans to tackle some freezer meals this next week for after baby is born. I did this with Harper, and hands down the BEST thing I did to prep for baby!

here I am. 37 weeks pregnant and officially doing the 'waddle' when I walk.
this baby is LOW! and I can feel him being all comfy there in my hips. lower than I ever felt that Harper was in pregnancy!

sunday afternoon as we're about to run off to the pool for the day, I realized I hadn't yet taken my bump pic for the week! so swim suit and all.. we hurried and got it taken care of!
adventure awaits.
it sure does!!
How far along? 37 weeks
Total weight gain: 37 pounds. my weight had dropped when I was sick for a couple days, and it has now gotten back up to where we were two weeks ago.
Maternity clothes? honest. I would prefer to run around in my sports bra and underwear all day. the weather is suppose to get nice again this next week (it's been yuck lately!) so maybe I'll live the days in my swim suit at the pool. I don't think Harper would oppose tagging along for that.
Stretch marks? oh yeah. just embracing it, because who really cares :) and what am I to do about it anyway.
Sleep: hit or miss. the last few nights- great. the few nights before that- not so great.
Current symptoms: here's to the longest list of pregnancy symptoms I've ever had... carpal tunnel syndrome. random throwing up + achy stomach. sore back and neck and feet and hands (time to get in for another prenatal massage!).
Miss anything? sleeping on my tummy!
Movement: yesss! he's settled on a side though and seems to be staying put. 
Food cravings: no cravings. lunch has been a struggle. for some reason it's the meal of the day that I just do not have any desire to eat. I'm finding myself to snack my way through from breakfast to dinner.
Labor signs? just irregular braxon hicks throughout the days. nothing consistent, though I sometimes do find them to be more uncomfortable than ever before.
Looking forward to: we're on the weekly schedule for check ups now so after having an appt this week, we'll be back again next week to check that all is still going well!

I had forgotten how itty bitty teeny weeny newborn diapers are!!
(especially when I'm currently seeing Harper's size 5's every day)
here's to the very, very tail end of carrying our sweet baby boy!
I am so thankful for the blessing of carrying to term and that God has entrusted Brandon and I with these sweet children we've been giving.
it's true- children are life's greatest blessing.

can't wait to meet and hold you baby boy!!

Xoxo
-Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment