Monday, June 13, 2016

35 weeks

as if I haven't said it before.... time is flying! and what a thief it is. 
it saddens me to think I'm only a handful of weeks away from being done with this pregnancy. I know, call me crazy... but after I had Harper, I so missed being pregnant and felt like I didn't cherish it enough. the same day she was born and I felt that immense love for her, I was ready and excited for more babies! and here we are. already so close to meeting our second baby!!

I certainly find myself getting nervous for labor/delivery. this time I don't have the benefit of being naive on what's to come. but then again I have the benefit of knowing (kinda) what's to come. 
a natural childbirth is no joke (but so great!) and with time being so short until baby boy begins to make his arrival, I am trying oh so hard to prepare myself mentally. as well as I can, that is :)
How far along? 35 weeks
Total weight gain: 37 pounds. I've now officially passed my total weight gain from pregnancy with Harper! this time I'm having swelling that I know is contributing to this weight gain. I didn't experience any swelling with Harper. but I'm also on my feet and running around all day A LOT more than I was first pregnancy. this time I have an active almost two year old to be running after allll dayyyy longggg! :)
Maternity clothes? throw 'em at me please! I'm determined to now not buy any more clothes to wear while pregnant. because well... I can't find it worth it for only a few more weeks! so here I'll enter the phase of 'wearing the same 5 things over and over again' :) and if it were really up to me (and socially acceptable) :) I'd be wearing boy short underwear and a sports bra all day every day. in the house it isn't an uncommon site to see!
Stretch marks? well yeah. pretty certain more have formed (I think). when I no longer have this big belly, I'll be able to better see what has happened in this department!
Sleep: just more of it please!!
Best moment this week: we had a midwife appointment this week! love hearing that little heartbeat! and now we've moved to the every two week appointment schedule. it's getting close to go time!
Worst moment this week: my hormones are getting the best of me. as well as thinking of the changes to come for my little family and I. Brandon has been super busy with work. which is such a blessing and we are so thankful for the business that comes his way! but it certainly isn't always easy on me. when he's busy with work, it makes for longer days for me too. but when you add the pregnancy hormones on top of that... well I just start missing my husband! but tis the busy season of real estate and all is good!!
Current symptoms: carpal tunnel syndrom. this is related to the swelling. but it's no joke! tingling/numbness in my hand and arm, and soreness in my hand and wrist joints have become quite the disturbance. especially at night! I'm trying so hard to get my fluids and electrolytes in but I just can't seem to get a handle on it. 
Movement: yep! and he flips from side to side in my belly. each day he seems to be in a different spot. although he is head down (yay!!!) soon he's gonna need to settle on a side and hopefully it's the preferred left side :)
Food cravings: I'm more so having an issue of finding things that actually sound good. as of late it's been rare if I actually eat lunch. my go-to has been snacking on some cheese and crackers. I try to thrown a fruit in with it and call it good. oh and redvines!! I think I could eat nearly a bag a day!
Labor signs? just an increase in braxton hicks. but no significant discomfort there.
Wedding rings on or off? well I never take my ring off. really, I  n e v e r  do. and well with this swelling... I don't think it would be possible for me to get it off if I tried.
Looking forward to: we're making a day trip to Cannon Beach, OR and I am so excited for one quick little getaway before we welcome our fourth family member!
Xoxo
-Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment