Friday, April 29, 2016

29 weeks

goodness gracious here we are. 29 weeks!
only 11 (ish) weeks left!
it's a week now into the third trimester with this sweet baby boy. it's like the minute I woke and entered this last trimester of pregnancy last week, my body just knew it. achy feet + tiredness just hoped onto a new level. just like that.
any sort of bending over, or picking up Harper, or shaving my legs is not a pretty sight! this big belly is right there taking up all the roomy space it desires. but baby brother is using his space in my tum-tum really well and enjoying the roominess from older sis Harper stretching it out for him 2 years ago :)
banner // hooray everyday
How far along? 29 weeks
Total weight gain: 28 pounds
Maternity clothes? my favorite thing to wear lately is either my maternity jeans or shorts (depending on this WA weather...) and then a long tank or t-shirt. my maternity jeans are nearly just as comfortable as my sweat pants so it makes for a win win. I feel comfortable bending down 50+ times a day with the toddler, and yet I still look (relatively) presentable for when I have to go out in public :) I really feel the extra body heat from carrying this little one, so no matter what the weather is out, I tend to be more comfortable with a thin, short sleeve top that breathes well.
Sleep: napping. napping. napping. still nearly every day. when I do get that afternoon nap in, I notice such a difference in the evening. I actually have some energy left in me from the day to get through dinner, clean up, bath + bedtime. and then it's straight to the couch to relax with the hubby.
Best moment this week: feeling little one's hiccups! I started feeling them last week, but have been noticing it more often now. with all the movements being bigger than ever, it's such a great feeling to feel baby brother. and if I could really have it my way, I would just sit around all day watching Ellen, eating my strawberry + almond butter toast, while feeling my sweet boy. but like that will ever happen. but a girl can dream ;)
Current symptoms: not really too much I can complain about- just the onset of more uncomfortableness. but hey, that's to be expected. I have been having some calf cramps. and goodness gracious those are no joke! I pop some Ca+Mg tablets a couple times a day (as told to by my midwife) ;) since the babe is starting to pull it from my body. it does make a difference in helping with those dreaded charley horses for sure!
Food cravings: just give me my strawberry + almond butter toast! two times. every. day. 
Looking forward to: the nursery is making progress! we have the crib, dresser, bedding, and a few decorations to go up on the wall. we also just moved the rocking chair out of Harper's bedroom and into the baby's. honestly, it broke my heart a bit! feeling like we're having to make Harper grow up even quicker due to prepping for little brother's arrival. I have such torn emotions of wanting to cherish every day I have with just Harper and the overjoy of excitement for baby brother to get here. but oh I know Harper is just going to look like she's ten years old when we have a newborn in the house!
I got curious on doing the ol' comparison of baby bump pictures... I easily ran across a picture from pregnancy with Harper at 26 weeks. so here's a comparison of just a few weeks ago to then.
whoa belly!!
both are 26 weeks, but look q u i t e different!
Xoxo
-Brittney

follow along on instagram @brittneyhjelseth

No comments:

Post a Comment