Monday, May 23, 2016

31 + 32 weeks

Two weeks of catch up here! Since we left early Thursday morning for Hawaii, blogging was not on my to-do list :) which means a 31 week update wasn't gonna be happening. at least not on time. it's been all about relaxing and zero responsibility! 
So here we are at 32 weeks (!!!) all refreshed and this baby belly is at its largest.

How far along? 32 weeks
Total weight gain: ??? this I am totally unsure about right now! with the heat from Hawaii, different climate, long flights, and my diet being different from normal- I have so much swelling. because of it, it's impossible for me to truly know my weight gain until my body has had sometime to get back to normal and get rid of this excess fluid! we had the red eye flight back home Thursday night/Friday morning. because of it I didn't get up once during the six hour flight (sleeping was my main focus!). but I now really know why they say it's important to get up and walk during flights while pregnant. goodness are my feet and ankles ever s w o l l e n! 
Maternity clothes? yes. although the last 8 days have been mostly about living in my bathing suit, so not too many 'real' clothes have been worn. with the exception of comfy non-maternity dresses.
Stretch marks? still using Palmer's Cocoa Butter and this essential oil prenatal balm after showers. but I think I may have noticed a new stretch mark this week. hard to tell though if it's one that was already there from pregnancy the first time. whether it's new or not, it is what it is and there isn't much I can do about it :) of course I'd rather not have them, but they're worth it for my babies!
Sleep: sleeping pretty good. I've had more restless legs and leg cramps so that can make it tough being able to fall asleep. it's also getting MUCH harder to roll over in the night to change positions.
Best moment this week: well we're technically combining two packed weeks here, but how can I not say it was babymooning in Hawaii! so so nice to relax, sleep in, have zero responsibility, and soak up some much needed husband/wife time. along with my brother-in-law & sister-in-law who we vacationed with :) double babymoon since they're expecting their first little in September!
Worst moment this week: worst moment, but also so great at the same time. when we got back to town Friday morning and headed to Brandon's parents' to pick up Harper, the moment I saw her my emotions flooded and tears ran as it really hit me just how much I missed her over the last week. it was so hard to think I had spent so much time away from her and for the first couple of minutes I felt a little disconnected from her. soon after though, we were right back to normal and she was giving me the sweetest loves and talking to me all about her fun week at papa and nana's. thank you, Lord that I didn't have those emotions during our vacation- I would've been a wreck!
Miss anything? I certainly did miss being able to lay on my stomach while we were out at the beach and pool. I was in good company with Angela though and well if you're to see the backs of our legs, they're no more tan than when we left Washington last week ;)
Movement: all over the place!
Looking forward to: getting back to our normal this week. as fabulous as vacationing is (and it is so so good!), there's nothing like it to make you appreciate just how great real life is at home with my little family.
xoxo
-Brittney

follow along on instagram @brittneyhjelseth

No comments:

Post a Comment