Monday, May 30, 2016

33 weeks

Summer time is approaching us and boy is life getting busy. I had Brandon quickly snap this picture (realizing that I hadn't yet taken a weekly picture) while we were stopping home quick from a luncheon and about to take off again for supper club. 

the nice weather is returning this week and I just want to soak.it.up! I really want to enjoy and savor these last weeks with just the three of us before we soon become FOUR! it's a busy time though. finishing up the nursery. planning Harper's 2nd birthday. planning for Angela's baby shower- which will be soon after our little is born. it's busy, busy with lots of prep on top of the part of actually preparing for baby to arrive! one thing I was most happy I did before Harper was born was make freezer meals ahead of time. honestly, best thing I did to prep for baby! so add that to my list of to-dos!
anddd back on the prepping for Harper's birthday... since her birthday is July 13th and my due days is July 15th, we've decided to celebrate and have her party the weekend before. the 9th! I'm actually praying that baby boy does not come early! some think I'm completely crazy for planning her party so close to baby being due and the fact that I'll be 39 weeks pregnant... but what else am I to do!? I can't not celebrate her second birthday!
How far along? 33 weeks + 3 days
Total weight gain: 34 pounds
Maternity clothes? for sure. my favorite thing to wear has been dresses and tanks + maxi skirts. these last weeks I am all about the comfort! I'm getting more and more limited on what clothes I can wear. and the fact that my hips have been spreading/widening so much earlier in pregnancy this time- even some of my sweat pants aren't comfortable!
Sleep: sleep is good. no problems falling asleep. but there's something about those two minute trips to the bathroom in the middle of the night (twice a night) where it feels like it takes an hours worth of sleep from me. even though I have no problem falling back to sleep. in other words... I would have no problem staying in bed all day! :)
Current symptoms: by afternoon/evening my body is just done for. completely exhausted. there was one day this week that was non stop with errands and running around. I could tell I was having some swelling. that evening weird symptoms were happening! if they didn't go away as quickly as they did, I would've been more concerned and definitely been calling my midwife. some blurry vision on one side. then later followed by some numb arm and lip. yikes! sounds scary when I type it. but it wasn't all at once, didn't last too long, and has not returned in any way. thankfully!
Movement: oh yes. I do feel like I feel more movement than I did when pregnant with Harper, but I don't feel like he's crazy active in there. 
Food cravings: sometimes it's difficult to determine what is a food craving vs. a food preference :) 
Labor signs? no. although I am definitely noticing more braxton hicks as of lately.
Looking forward to: baby shower is this weekend!!

Xoxo
-Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment